Our Biblical Counseling Distinctives
• We are dependent on God to do the heart change, so we see prayer as a necessary, beneficial, and effective component.
• We show love and compassion as Jesus does.
• But we also speak biblical truth as Jesus does, in love.
• We believe that there is a confident hope for any difficult situation and that hope is found in Jesus Christ (2 Peter 1:3-4).
• Although we are sympathetic to suffering, we believe that we can actually have joy in it because of the perfection that it leads to (James 1:2-3).
• There is great emphasis on how we see ourselves… our identity… who we are in Christ (Galatians 2:20).
• Through the Gospel, and fully grasping our new identity, we believe that it is possible to experience the fruit of the spirit… love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control (Galatians 5:22-23), even in difficult circumstances.